Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Midcourse Correction

It's 1:41 in the morning and I can't sleep.

I am on the verge of making one of the biggest decisions in my life. I haven't fully decided yet, but I'm ninety percent leaning towards making it. The ten percent is just about choosing the right timing and the appropriate way of doing it, which can give the best results for me.

It's like waking up, recharged and relaxed, after a deep sleep. Or as Wayne Dyer calls it, Zathura, an instant awakening. Yesterday afternoon, while wasting away on the couch with a fever -- with the TV on and with a meaningless book on my hands (Cosbyology by Bill Cosby) -- I just STOOD UP and decided to DO IT: to say goodbye to this companion of over 14 years; to fiercely shout my farewells to a journey nearing its end; to say yes, too, to the promise of another great adventure; and to bravely choose the road less traveled by. (Please be right, Robert Frost.)

Enough with the uncertainties.

Now, I can't sleep. I am so
reinvigorated. Excited. Really optimistic.

I'm so alive!

I think Richard Bode's First You Have to Row a Little Boat triggered this surge of decisiveness. While cleaning the storage room yesterday, I saw this forgotten, old book, and scanned its pages. Across one page, I had drawn a big, yellow check mark. The highlighted page was about the necessity for ships to make midcourse corrections: it's a navigational correction made during the journey of ships. Without these corrections, sometimes in very small degrees, the ships may end up at the wrong ports, or, worst, arrive at the wrong countries, and, ultimately, fail to reach their planned destinations.

And would Titanic be so infamous now had her navigator turned her a few degrees to the right? (Or to the left) Damn. I will not end up like the Titanic.

A midcourse correction. This is what I need.

And Robert, for now, I'll walk with you.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.












7 comments:

  1. hmmm, made that same decision 8 years ago and I never regretted it. Sometimes we become too ambivalent over something but if you've thought about it, planned it you'll make it. There's life after GSK my friend. In fact the grass is a little bit greener on the other side of the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just listen to that still small voice...follow what it says.Put all your trust in Him and you'll never go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And who may I thank for that wonderful message, anonymous?

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are not alone,i am one with you...
    but mine will take time..just waiting for the Right Time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And who are you my friend, the anonymous? Have we talked earlier? hehehe.

    "... you are not alone,i am one with you...
    but mine will take time..just waiting for the Right Time!..."

    ReplyDelete
  6. God's love and graces will always be there every day. Keep on believing and trusting HIM for He will always bless those who work hard and cling to HIS Promise. There is always a lot of opportunities and challenges to come. Remember, everything that happens have reasons. It is Him who helped you discern what road to take and He makes sure it for the best of you and your love ones.

    From: Cookie

    ReplyDelete


manny