Friday, May 15, 2009

Treky once more

That's it. After watching J.J. Abram's Star Trek, I'm a treky fanatic once more. I never expected the movie to be great. I thought a pre-kirk-the-captain story will be boring. Totally not. Even Gem couldn't stop talking about it through most of our late dinner.

Easily one of the best Star Trek movie ever. The story on how its famous crew came to USS Enterprise was fresh, original, thrilling, even exhilarating. It captivated me from start to finish with almost no lull in the pacing. Hell, even those who know NOTHING about the world of Star Trek will find this enjoyable. This reinvigorated the Star Trek characters and its universe.

This is not the same Enterprise crew that I have grown to love -- being on an alternate reality, with the Vulcan world destroyed and two Spocks coexisting -- but I'm craving for another adventure with these guys.


No comments:

Post a Comment


manny