Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Wilderness Time

I'm halfway into finishing "Living in Wilderness Time" by Melissa Walker.

Someday I will experience some of the excitement, the peace, the calm, the clarity of purpose she experienced in her months of solitude in the wilderness of America.

I was reading blissfully at the coffee shop at Caltex until around 9 Am when some lawyer (I think) sat down, opened his laptop and started talking loudly on his phone.

I moved to another coffee shop.

About the book: Soon after her fiftieth birthday, Melissa Walker set out on a journey that many women of her generation have mapped only in their dreams. Having spent her adult life raising children and climbing the academic ladder, Walker decided to put some of the environmental theories she'd taught into practice. Leaving her suburban life, she ventured into the wilderness.




No comments:

Post a Comment


manny