Sunday, October 19, 2008

Dwarf Lanzones

I planted a dwarf lanzones tree at the right side of our front lawn. It's near the dining area so, I hope, it will provide some cool shades when we're dining during hot days. I bought it for P280 at a fair for farm products in Pigcauayan. Manong, the seller, showed me a picture of a grown tree: it's as tall as our fence, with a single trunk, and enough leaves to cover the area on that side of our lawn; and when I saw the lanzones fruits dotting all over its branches, I was convinced this is the tree for me, even though, Manong suggested indian trees offer better shades. (I bought two indian trees, too, for P100 each)

Uncle Roland haven't heard of a dwarf lanzones tree; he says it might have been grafted from a smaller tree. (Grafting? did I hear him right?)

Gem says it will invite ants and other insects, but she just let me be when I got the shovel and started making a small hole at the lawn to plant the tree.

It will be two years before it will bear any sweet, juicy fruit. In the meantime, one kilo for P30 at Bankerohan will help ease the long wait.

blake, dash, alto in the background

1 dwarf lanzones, two indian trees





1 comment:

  1. I miss lanzones. The first thing I will do when I go back to Davao is eat it!

    ReplyDelete


manny