Sunday, October 26, 2008

Whispers of the wind

I feel like I'm with the poet on this walk. I, too, would like to hear the whispers of the wind!

My Paradise
by Kate

As I walk through the forest I can hear the trees
Using the winds to whisper to one another
I feel like if I listen hard enough
I can understand what they are saying
I strain my ears to listen to its words
But the meaning of their words are just out my reach
I listen to the winds rustling the leaves
As if it was some sort of music
When I realize I can also hear a brook
I scan my surrondings until I find it
Hidden behind a patch of trees
There is a small sandy beach
It is covered with rocks, a log, and raccoon tracks
I see rocks of all colors scattered across the bottom
They create this cornicopia of color
It fascinates me for minutes, then hours
And time becomes a past memory as I fade away into it all
Sometime later I snap out of my mesmerized state
I gather my things and ready to leave my secret paradise
As I whisper one last goodbye I swear I hear the wind whisper it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment


manny